Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thief!

Last Sunday, I was home alone. Just me and the bird. My bird's name is Squawko.

Squawko loves to steal food out of my bowl. Cheerios, Froot Loops, noodles, etc. This is one of her funniest moments.

I was at the table eating a big bowl of Cheerios. She was poking her head up above the table (she was on my knee), walking around, staring at my Cheerios.

I had already given her a couple that day, so I didn't want her to have more. But she really wanted the Cheerios.

When I least expected it, she leaped up on the table. Before I could stop her, she grabbed a Cheerio. But she's a smart bird. She didn't want me getting between her and that beloved Honey-Nut Cheerio of hers. So what did she do?

She ran.

All the way to the other side of the table.

With the Cheerio now in her foot, she was happily munching.

Point: Squawko.

2 comments:

  1. I love Squawko! This is a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Squawko story, Noah. Very visual. I could really see those cheerios. I also liked the list of all the foods Squawko eats. Laura Siegel

    ReplyDelete